blah.... blah.... blah...

My blah....blah....blah....
My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

I'm a hacker, a free software advocate, and a student.

04 February 2006

 

Don't trust IndiaTimes.com Poll results

The indiatimes.com poll (see in the bottom of the site, which used to publish daily in The Times of India newspaper) is not a genuine poll. Never trust this poll. I've tried biasing it and I'm successful. I've tried it in Linux. You can try it any OS, you just have to create a bot ;-). Following is my linux bot script using lynx web browser (one of my favorite web browsers):

cmd
lynx --post_data http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/vote.cms <post
post
txtPolliD=1400703&PRadio=1&submit=submit
---
Don't ignore above hyphens '---'
Command for posting 301 times. Tested on bash
wahjava@pc ~$  for (( i = 0; i <= 300 ; i++ )); do ./cmd >/dev/null; echo $i; done;

I hope they'll repair their poll soon. They've not added any human verification schemes. So I think poll is targeted for machines. i.e. What they think of the situation ? But humans are also given chance to participate. ;-)


Comments:
Sometimes you amaze me. What I like about you is that you go die-hard after what you aim and with much of dedication. Keep up the good work !!
 
No comments...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

200601   200602   200603   200604   200605  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

There are some of my webpages tooo...

This blog is [ INVALID XHTML v1.0 ] [ INVALID CSS v2.0 ]