blah.... blah.... blah...

My blah....blah....blah....
My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

I'm a hacker, a free software advocate, and a student.

04 January 2006

 

Mysterious Ratio

Golden ratio (φ). Also known as divine proportion. I came across it first time, when I was reading Introduction to Algorithms, and there I encountered it in a question based on Fibonacci Series. I thought it was just a normal ratio, but then I've encountered it in several topics, e.g. In Algorithms, the authors told that Knuth has recommended this ratio for generating primes, and in Numerical methods of computation too. And more recently, I've seen it on Wiki, and a website dedicated to it. How is it related to so many real world things...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

200601   200602   200603   200604   200605  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

There are some of my webpages tooo...

This blog is [ INVALID XHTML v1.0 ] [ INVALID CSS v2.0 ]