blah.... blah.... blah...

My blah....blah....blah....
My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

I'm a hacker, a free software advocate, and a student.

29 January 2006

 

How Dual Channel memory works ?

The dual channel memory architecture's working has interested me so much. I was confused by the fact that what benefit would you get if you're desired memory addresses are mapped in only channel. But, today after reading the Intel 915G chipset memory configuration guide, I got to know that in symmetrical dual channel environment, memory is interleaved. It is interleaved at the interval of every cache line (usually 128 bytes in Pentium 4). So my solution lies in population of memory

Thanx to Gautam, who pointed out that I should refer to GMCH specs.

Checkout Intel 915G/915GV/910GL Express Chipset memory configuration guide


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

200601   200602   200603   200604   200605  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

There are some of my webpages tooo...

This blog is [ INVALID XHTML v1.0 ] [ INVALID CSS v2.0 ]